Recently, the term ERP System has been circulated to express the technological tools used in managing companies in an integrated manner. If you ask, what is an ERP System?
It is software used to raise the company's efficiency and provide modern electronic communication channels for partners (externally) and employees (internally), provide easy, fast and distinguished electronic services, raise the level of performance and productivity of the company's employees, access information easily and reduce costs.
Since most companies need accounting software and special software for the company, the modern information system, which is the ERP system, must accommodate all the company's functions with an accounting vision, that is, a comprehensive solution must be available for the company's accounting.
The ERP integrated accounting program not only handles all types of traditional accounting transactions, but also gives more than that. For example, the minimum time and maximum production rate must be achieved by using a centralized database, and with the help of all departments to cooperate closely with each other, and to work in the same way.
In this Blog, we will fully explain everything related to the ERP system, to help you know whether you need it or not? And which program is suitable for your requirements, based on the programs available in the market? How do you compare the different types of ERP systems? What tasks do you expect the ERP program to accomplish for you? What are the reasons for the failure of the experiment in many companies? How successful is your experiment?
This article is a guide to help you successfully implement your new ERP system. The first thing you should do is plan and prepare.
1. Find out what your company needs from the ERP system.
2. Identify the readiness of the company for change.
3. Select a vendor that can offer a flexible solution.
4. Determine what data needs to be collected before implementation.
5. Plan for training your employees on the new software and processes.
Effortlessly versatile ERP architecture. Combines strengthen the framework because the business needs a clear change. This may mean a primary link to new procedures, departments, and this is just a look at a larger issue.
An extraordinary part of operational inefficiency begins with unjustified reporting. With an ERP system, this reliability is ignored as reports take on a modern format structure, enabling privileged workplaces to reliably access information.
As a separate framework and manual for record-keeping or other normal frameworks, the ERP architecture updates the quality of information by improving the procedures covered. Along these lines, business options can become better.
The ERP architecture shows real upgrades in the organization of assets, eliminating suspensions and thus reducing the cost of operations. For example, the use of mobility licenses results in a stable set of information, which is key to reducing expenses.
A quick favorite view of using a not too bad ERP architecture is to upgrade customer relationships in light of better business forms.
Having amazing data enables associations to use the vitality of mechanical assemblies of wise examination to communicate better business decisions. All things considered, several unusual ERP structures have worked in value testing to allow for more explicit examination of the data.
The step of buying an ERP system may be expensive, and it may not be the most appropriate solution for your current situation, and you may need it partially, so what are the indications that your company needs the ERP system?
- In the event that you have several tools and programs, and there is no harmony and interdependence between all departments.
- If the same data has several copies on several programs, which increases the chances of mismatches and data errors.
Or if your different data does not have a central cloud or a common Master Data database that brings them together.
- Slowness of the tools currently used, and taking a lot of time to perform simple daily operations.
- Expansion of the company, and your desire to move a step forward economically and technologically.
- If you are among those charged with using electronic bills or on your way to switching to them.
- You have talented employees that want to upgrade their skills, and they have the willingness to learn and the ability to deal with high technologies.
- When customers complain about the level of service, speed of communication, and their hope for a better service.
- If you want to invest in a long-impact project with a profitable investment rate, the ERP system will be an internal investment.
- If you want to integrate with other user interfaces, and your programs do not support integration.
- The information is not clear and the preparation of reports is a tedious effort, which disrupts the workflow.
The best ERP software in 2022 will be the one that is able to provide a holistic view of the organization’s activities and data so that it can be used for decision making purposes.
Here are some of the best ERP in the market :
ODOO is the only comprehensive integrated program in the world that is characterized by containing a very large number of integrated sub-systems, which extends from 400 integrated systems to about 4000 sub-systems that have been developed by agents in about 120 countries around the world. For these reasons, this program has deviated from the traditional concept f of ERP.
The company executing the program has developed two versions of it:
The free version of Odoo Accounting software is open source code designed by developers for other developers to use and modify before offering it to the end user, and it can be modified according to the LGPL open source software license.
So that version is a framework that only provides the administrative basics and requires you to develop what you need to be able to use it within the organization, which incurs additional costs.
The term “open source” attracts many business owners. They believe that this feature will enable them to apply everything they need in the appropriate manner for them without taking into account the costs and consequences of that later.
The company used the free version to develop another version that provides more functions and features needed by enterprise managers, and this version is not open source.
The Odoo accounting program includes some characteristics that attract some company owners to choose it as a suitable program for management, but we find that there are a number of defects that must be known before deciding to use it. Let us know the advantages and then discuss the disadvantages of Odoo.
Among the most famous features of the Odoo accounting program, we find:
- The flexibility of the program
- The possibility of integration with other systems
- Continuous updates of the paid version
Oracle ERP Cloud Software is an all-in-one solution that can be tailored to suit your needs. Professionals such as administrative, accounting and management would find this software particularly useful for their projects and daily operations.
This package is commonly used by small- and medium-sized enterprises, as well as those in the finance, banking and insurance sectors.
Pricing for Oracle ERP Cloud is not shared publicly. You can try this software by downloading a free trial version.
Benefits of Oracle ERP Cloud
- ERP accounting.
- Business intelligence.
- Customer relationship management.
- Human resources.
- Inventory management.
- Supply chain management.
- Procurement management.
- Business intelligence.
- Detailed statistics.
Many companies develop and implement different ERP packages according to their budget and requirements to help them meet their business needs and run their business efficiently.
The SAP ERP system is one of the most important systems used in development to date.
Benefits of SAP
- Eliminates duplication, interruption and repetition of data
- Provides information across departments in real time.
- SAP provides control of various business processes
- Increase productivity, improve inventory management, enhance quality, reduce material cost,
- Effective human resource management, reducing overheads, and increasing profits.
- Better customer interaction and increased productivity. It also improves customer service.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a platform that combines Enterprise Resource Planning - ERP, Customer Relationship Management - CRM components along with productivity applications and artificial intelligence tools. By integrating its ERP and Dynamics CRM applications with Dynamics AX, what eventually led to the emergence of a set of services that provide integrated solutions, so that there is no need to choose from a wide range of options.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 features
- Enables the user to gain an integrated data perspective on customer records, transactions, and behaviors by combining the Dynamics 365 CRM and ERP module with Microsoft productivity applications.
- It has analytical tools for decision makers.
- It features strong integration with other business applications from Microsoft.
- Provides more union with similar applications than most other CRM systems, for businesses that rely heavily on Office 365, Outlook, or Azure.
A system intended for medium and large companies that need solutions to help them manage their operations simply, quickly and flexibly.
Sage 👨 features
- Efficiency and cost control.
- Integration and vision.
- Attracting and engaging employees.
- Mobile self-service.
Worldwide, between 55% and 75% of ERP systems fail to apply, which makes the failure of the system after pumping thousands, perhaps millions into it, into an obsession that haunts business owners, but the solution is simple. And you benefit from the capabilities it offers you. Here are the main reasons for the failure of the ERP system:
- Your company does not specify your needs from the system, as writing the details required by each department denies the problem of the system not meeting the requirements after its installation, and explains to you which ERP program is suitable for you?
- Failure to educate and train employees on the system, or their incompetence in terms of experience and willingness to learn to deal with the ERP system.
- The company's management does not know the capabilities and limits of the ERP system well, or their perception of the idea of the system is almost unrealistic; Therefore, it is recommended that senior management attend some training related to facilitating understanding of the ERP program.
- Inadequacy of the system chosen for the company in terms of capabilities, and on the one hand the availability of material capabilities, competencies and other aspects of inadequacy.
- Paying close attention to the understanding of the system, and the desire to perform all operations through it, in a way that makes the process more complicated instead of making ERP easy to operate.
- Wrong choice of service provider.
Collection is the main goal For ERP, as the ERP system depends on collecting data and operations from All departments of the organization and unified workflow to create a single database Huge and employing multiple programs for different departments and creating structured outputs For proper information.
We can define it easily, it is a program that usually contains several built-in modules that include the management of enterprise resources at different levels, From the financial aspect, human resources management aspect, as well as aspects related to procurement and warehouse management, and aspects related to manufacturing and operational activities, some of these aspects decrease or increase according to the nature of the company’s professions and tasks, and to the extent of its needs.
Every organization must choose the appropriate program to get the best results and avoid the mistakes that we mentioned in our Blog and you can read more 10 Most Important Mistakes That Kill Startups And How To Avoid Them .