You may spend days, weeks, or even months planning an advertising campaign, making several adjustments and thinking you succeeded this time but not getting the desired results. See what's wrong? In fact, you won't know if you don't test your emails.
Campaign failures or email errors are some of the worst things email marketers face, but the good news is that they can be avoided. You can view the email quiz as an insurance for the hard work you've done and also for what happens after you hit the send button.
Email verification is a process that validates the email address to ensure that it is a legitimate and active email address.
This process seems to be related to the issue of protection and security only, but in fact, it is related to the deliverability of emails as well and that your emails reach the inbox of customers successfully.
The best way to verify an email address is to call the recipient. This will not only validate their email but also give you an opportunity to make a personal connection with them.
In this Blog, we will go over some of the most popular methods for verifying emails, as well as some tools that can help you in your journey.
Checking your email contact list is an easy way to make sure dangerous emails don't land in your inbox. The most common way that phishing attacks are carried out is by sending an email to a company's contacts and asking them to click on a link or open an attachment. The goal of these messages is to trick recipients into giving away their login credentials, which can then be used to access sensitive information.
We all know it's a good idea to review your work once or twice, but here comes the question, where does email testing fall on your priority list? Did you know that 43% of email marketers don't test every mail they send? This is quite a risk, so if you are one of the email marketing team who doesn't check messages regularly, we are here to teach you how to do it.
Email verification has two main benefits, spotting errors before it's too late, and generating insights about future marketing campaigns.
- Email verification avoids errors
Email marketing is an ever-changing environment, it has so many variables, your email client list gets updated about every two days, and every time you update your customer data, there is a chance your message will be misread (if it ever makes it to your inbox) .
Even seemingly minor mistakes can affect your return on investment. A broken link can spoil the results of your campaign, and you find that 51% of subscribers canceled their email subscriptions because they weren't displaying or weren't working properly.
- Email verification helps us generate future insights
The benefits of testing and analyzing an email message go beyond just showing it how it looks. Running A/B tests on an email element such as the subject line, (the intro that defines the intent of emails) gives us insight into how it performs better with an audience. You can write more impactful emails in the future by running A/B tests or analyzing which messages have the most engagement.
Email verification is a process of confirming that an email address is valid. The process includes sending a confirmation email to the address in question, and waiting for the user to click on the link in that email before declaring it valid.
Email validation is a process of confirming that an email address belongs to the person who owns it. The process includes sending out a confirmation email to the address and waiting for the user to click on a link in that email before declaring it validated.
Verification may be done manually by a person. This may include looking up the email address on a database, and checking whether it exists in an email sent to that address but Validation is often automatically done by computers using software or services provided by internet service providers, registrars and businesses.
The benefit behind creating clean mailing lists
Successful startups depend on exploiting mailing lists, taking advantage of many advantages, including:
- Keep interested customers and followers informed of the company's news and products.
- Building trust with those interested by publishing periodic tips for free.
- Convert interested followers into customers by exploiting events.
- Creating offers and activating sales.
- Guidance for direct sales.
In this age of technology and the ability to create any email easily, many resort to replacing their mailing addresses, and this is a source of inconvenience to companies that rely on this type of marketing. Let’s take a look at the most common reasons why they change their emails:
- Person changed email provider one of the most common reasons: What if you’re moving from one email service to another? Or if your email provider offers multiple in-box services and they are logging you out of the original form when you sign up with a new one? It's important to keep your external emails up to date as well.
- Person changed the email ID within the same provider. Supposing that he was using one of the unofficial e-mails and suddenly decided to change it, it will be difficult to predict what is new unless he uses his real name and surname.
- When a company hires a new employee they often designate an email account that goes along with their responsibility. These email addresses can be named anything and will change when you switch departments
- A change of jobs can cause delays in reaching the right decision-maker When reaching out to prospects, it’s important to be aware of this and provide enough information about the product so that it doesn’t get lost along with your message. When people leave a company, the person's email can often be difficult to get in contact with, or is simple to find the individual's new address. The message will still be delivered but you won't reach their inbox.
- Domain is dead That’s a common reason, and it can be technical. If the website is unreachable, the domain is dead, or a mail server on the domain’s server is down, you won’t be able to deliver your message to the recipient. If you receive email addresses that are invalid, it could be a sign that the company is insolvent. Make sure you filter any emails of this kind out in order to avoid sending them irrelevant information.
- The public email provider is down or out of business Due to this it will be difficult for you to successfully send and deliver your message. Certain online email providers can cause issues, as they can occasionally suffer with technical issues which result in your emails not being delivered.
There are a number of reasons why it's important to verify an email address, and all of them are checked by implementing different methods in an email verifier tool. You should make sure that your tool supports multiple verification modes (such as checking syntax, domain check etc...).
Let's start with the basics, a syntax check. If you're using an email verifier service, that means you're going to want to make sure they have a syntax check. This is especially important if they misspell your email address without realizing it - something that can happen easily if you don't know the full rules for the difference between 's' and 'z'.
STEP 2 — Domain check: This step in the verification process lets you confirm that the domain name your receiving email is hosted on actually exists, is registered and working on the outside host.
Step 3/ Email Verification- The email ping step is the most complicated and it's what separates the email verification professionals from those who aren't. In this step, we send you a good ol' fashioned "ping," which tells us if the email address is live or not.If I receive a server response, that confirms the email address I'm sending these messages to exists and is active.
Verify emails by using one of the different email verifier services available. Some of them provide different verification mechanisms while others offer just a few.
As an email marketer you may be short on budget or time, so we recommend using email verification tools if you want to get the most work done in the least amount of time.
This tool allows you to search for email by domain name only with high accuracy, which enriches you and keeps you away from the tiring traditional search, and the long time that you will spend searching and verifying.
It is considered the best and number one option in the market now. The tool offers you a limited free plan through which you can search and verify without forgetting that it is able to give you social networking sites such as Linkedin and Twitter… of your potential customers.
All you have to do is sign up and log in to your dashboard where you can use it.
You can search for emails in this way:
After you get the emails, you can log in and make sure they are valid and whether they are valid and a lot of information about each email you enter.
Isn't that great !!!!
You can also verify the validity of many emails at the same time through many methods, after collecting the emails of your potential customers (bulk) you can :
- Verify a list of email addresses via Microsoft excel.
- Verify a list of email addresses via Google Sheets.
- Verify a list of email addresses via API.
The tool finds and validates the email of anyone on the planet with their first name, last name, and company domain.it scans the web to find the most common email format for tons of companies. This lets Elasticemail quickly recreate a professional email address that you can send your current or potential customers emails with. It's a pretty simple process and saves you a lot of time.
With the same steps as Tomba, you can either verify one email or many at the same time (bulk) in different ways that we mentioned earlier
Easily upload your email list and save time. When you upload your list to Emaillistverify, you can be sure it contains accurate email addresses of customers.
Once you sign up with them, they'll clean your list by removing invalid, spammy or non-operational email addresses. Via validation, they make sure that no one on your list gets an unsolicited email. As a result, you'll have a clean contact list.
ZeroBounce is a solution that allows you to verify your email lists. It is a very practical service to clean up your contact database and improve the performance of your emailing campaigns.
One of the biggest challenges that marketers face is verifying their email lists. With ZeroBounce, you can verify your email list and remove contacts from your list who have unsubscribed or bounced.
Like the previous tools, its use is very easy and impressively fast.
This little tool will help you make sure the email is legit, whether it's your own or someone else's. It's free and super-easy to use. Just enter the address and hit check to test it out. It tells you if the email ID is real or not. Sometimes it can't predict whether it’s a fake account and will show unknown because some email providers are putting restrictions on checks or just don't like them in their mailboxes.
Email verification makes it less likely that your brand will be exposed to fraud or theft, and it helps your emails reach your subscribers better.
After checking your email list, you should read this blog 10 Email Marketing Mistakes You Should Avoid Because it is the next stage of your marketing success.
If you haven't yet documented your email marketing campaign, now is the time to do so.